Everybody needs a business card, right? Something with your contact info so people can get in touch with you when (and if) needed. Sure, you can get a traditional, paper stock business card extremely cheap. But, do you really want to end up in the pile with everyone else’s copycat card? Why not stand out in that crowd and hand someone a unique and memorable tool that can lead to more exposure, conversations and referrals?
I’m not talking about business card magnets, though they “stick” in a way. Those are basically just business cards with a magnetic backing. Those can be effective for certain types of businesses where information posted on a fridge or file cabinet is more desirable than being stashed in a wallet or Rolodex (food delivery for instance) .
There are unique custom business cards made out of clear plastic, wood, rubber and metal. There are also double sided business cards… die cut cards… edible cards and cards that double as literal tools. But, I would argue that sticker business cards can be much more valuable to your marketing efforts.
Sticker business cards take several of the valuable characteristics of other unique business card ideas and add an additional feature the others don’t have – a detachable promotional sticker that can make impressions beyond the holder of the card. The best use of a business card sticker is to use backing paper printing as a traditional business card and the front vinyl portion as a separate removable outdoor quality sticker. In this way it is possible (though not necessary) that the promotional stickers can be used (on laptops, water bottles, helmets, cars, etc.) while the business cards live on in the traditional business sense.
Here are five reasons to seriously consider Sticker Business Cards:
1) Unique – Business card stickers don’t look or feel like everyone else’s card.
2) Longevity – Because it’s unique and is perceived as more of a premium product, a business card sticker is harder to discard. Custom stickers allow your logo/name and information to remain up front and accessible for longer.
3) Not Too Unique – Business card stickers still maintain the size and thickness of traditional cards. Sure, it may be unique and memorable to have an edible card (what was that phone number?), a card that’s a packet of seeds, or a card that’s some interesting shape, but a business card doesn’t do much good after it’s eaten or misplaced because it can’t be stored/saved with traditional cards (in wallets, etc.)
4) A Badge and A Gift – it is not just a business card it also can be a fun gift or a badge. If you’ve done your job, hopefully people will be proud to show their affiliation with your product, service or organization. If not perhaps there are words of wisdom, helpful tips or something humorous that they would appreciate on a custom sticker and apply somewhere.
5) Mini-Billboard – While the sticker is a fun gift for them, it can also be a mini-billboard for you. Business cards are one-impression contact sheets, Stickers (if stuck somewhere) act as identity boosting tools making branded impressions to a much wider market. What a sticker card can do that other unique business cards can’t is leverage impressions and encourage word of mouth – turning a static card into a social marketing medium.
Of course there are many design considerations to review to optimize this marketing tool. Die cutting can be used on the sticker portion to create special shapes. Copy changes can be used on back printing to cover multiple employees (or coupons, QR codes, or other important info) in one sticker print run.
Contact us for pricing and ideas that can help you harness the power of sticker business cards for your organization or project.
5 responses to “Business Card Stickers With Back Printing – Great Idea!”
How much for 250 business cards with sticker on one side and business phone number Facebook and Instagram address and we cater on the card too possibly
Can I get a quote for 250 cards (2″×3.5″) with a glossy color sticker on one side and black and white matte print on the other side?
Hello Scott, Thanks for getting in touch regarding sticker business cards. If you can send me a few more details, along with your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org and I can get you some pricing asap. We are also happy to help with design if you need assistance with that.
id like to order some business card stickers with back printing.
Hi Brian – We’d love to help! Could you get us a few more details about quantity needed, name/company details for card side, and a logo file for sticker side. We can then get you pricing as well as make suggestions for layout and design. Send to StickerTeam@websticker.com Thanks!