Good custom company stickers start with a good logo. If you have an old or amateur custom logo for your business you may want to think about an updated logo design. But, just having a strong logo does not guarantee strong, identity building, promotional stickers. There are many factors to consider when putting your logo on custom stickers to best represent and advertise your business or organization. Here are 5 pieces of printing advice our designers at Websticker consider when preparing your business logo for custom stickers, custom decals and custom labels.
1. Where will the completed custom logo stickers ideally be applied and how long do they need to stay there? Are the company stickers labels for application to a particular product? Cars? Laptops? Shipping boxes? Cell phones? Walls? Gas Pumps? Clothing? Is sticker for a temporary promotion or long term outdoor labeling and signage?
The answer to this question will help determine the best material, print method and size of the completed company logo stickers.
2. How will the business stickers be distributed? Will the sticker be handed out at trade shows? Sold in stores? Hung as a logo hang tag on products? Mailed in an envelope with other materials? Or, already be applied to bags, boxes, or products when people receive them?
The answer to this question will help determine custom sticker size, style and if any added features such as hole punching, back copy, shrink wrapping, face slitting, etc. are needed.
3. What other company information is needed on the sticker besides your logo? Will the logo stand alone on the sticker or will there also be a URL, slogan or other info? Will there be a coupon, ad or information on the back of the promotional sticker? Will there be multiple logo stickers grouped on one sheet?
The answers here will again help determine stickers size, shape and style for the business stickers and if special die cutting is needed?
4. Based on your specific business logo and answers to above questions, what is the best size, shape and printing method for the custom company stickers? Does the logo fit well in a stock size/shape? Would the sticker work better as a custom cut shape? Does the logo work on white vinyl or would a clear polyester, brushed chrome, paper or other material be better? Depending on the number of colors and required outdoor lifespan, should the stickers be digital, screen, offset, or flexographic printing?
Answers to these questions will determine the ideal custom stickers printing at the best possible price for your specific business logo.
5. What can we adjust or change graphically to improve the overall power and look of the custom logo on stickers and decals? Would adding a border help frame the company logo? Would changing the color scheme or reversing out logo on solid colored background have more impact? Would using a different material or background colors add perceived value? Is design cluttered? Is everything legible and the most important sticker design elements “pop”?
Answering these questions and exploring alternative design/layout options for business stickers will ensure the final custom logo stickers labels meet all goals and are the best identity building marketing tool possible.
At Websticker we work closely with clients to offer logo design advice, answer questions, fine tune designs, and review options. We specialize in outdoor quality, identity building, company custom logo stickers – your stickers should build awareness, strengthen connections, and encourage word-of-mouth marketing. Our business slogan summarizes our mission and hopefully reflects our much deeper desire to personally help each client stand out in the crowd, so remember… Websticker – when you want your name to stick.