One of my favorite and most economical marketing ideas for delivering custom promotional stickers to fans, members, customers, and/or prospects is to turn stickers into promotional postcards and direct mail. It is very surprising to me that more businesses and organizations don’t take advantage of this powerful marketing tool. Here are some quick reasons why you should consider custom printed sticker postcards in your marketing mix.
1) 100% Open Rate – There’s no need to tease or trick to get your mailing opened and read. With promotional postcards there’s nothing to open. Recipients can see your message and gift (sticker) without opening anything. Just like a promotional sticker on a car, impressions are made regardless of interest or intent.
2) Cheaper To Mail – First Class Postcards are .44 cents to mail, 16 cents less than regular mail. Business Bulk Rates are even better. This can really add up for larger mailings and coupled with the savings on not needing envelopes and extra folding and collating the savings can be extensive. Just make sure your postcard stickers do not exceed a 6″ X 4.25″ sheet size for that rate (we’ve certainly printed larger postcard stickers, it’s just higher postage).
3) Gift Built Right In – No need to stuff an envelope with a sticker or added promotional item. With postcard stickers the gift is right there making an impression. This makes the mailing harder to throw away, or ignore the message delivered on the back, as there is something of value attached.
4) Marketing Versatility – With the use of die cutting several different stickers can be delivered on the front of a promotional postcard – Perhaps one for cars and two smaller ones for helmets or electronic gadgets. It is also possible to make changes mid run to the copy on the back so the postcard can be tailored with different messages for different uses. For instance, an organization may use some as thank-you notes, some as event calendars, and perhaps some left blank for hand written notes or a retail sale item.
5) Very Targeted – Unlike handing stickers out to who ever wants one at an event or at your place of business, postcard stickers can be mailed to very specific lists. School alumni, people that bought a specific product in the last month, fan club members, etc…. can all be targeted with very specific messages and a sticker gift.
As an example, Websticker once did promotional postcard stickers for a ski resort, which (among other purposes) was a follow up message and gift to people who had been injured at their resort. It was very targeted, showed they cared, was cheap to mail and put a gift (which also happens to be a mini billboard for their resort) into the customers hands.
A Few More Tips on Getting The Most Out of Sticker Postcards
Don’t skimp on quality – It can be tempting to get the cheapest stickers possible, but remember the stickers represent your brand. If the stickers are too flimsy and get damaged in the mail or begin to fade or breakdown once applied on a car, it’s your image that also may fade and break down.
Make it stick – Have a design that connects with your target market that they will be proud to display. The main goal of your direct mail marketing piece may be to deliver a message that is not ignored, but also having promotional stickers that excite recipients and perhaps end up displayed to the public, those are bonus impressions, word of mouth and an incredible marketing value that can’t be ignored.
Websticker can help with creative design, copy writing and layout ideas for custom postcard stickers at no charge. Want to reach your customers and fans with targeted messages that can’t be ignored, a welcomed gift, and a super low cost brand building tool for you? Fill out the Form below and let’s talk.
*Yes, we can also set you up with complete mailing services if needed.