Want to find the best printing on custom stickers? Here are some tips worth considering as you sticker shop around and before you type “cheapest custom stickers” into the search box.
1) Be clear on what you need custom stickers for. There are many styles of “custom stickers”, many different material options and different print methods. Make sure you communicate where the stickers will be used, the degree of adhesion needed and how long you want them to hold up.
2) In order to communicate exactly what sticker you need and get the best prices, I recommend working with real people who really know their sticker stuff. Not a call center in India. Not an automated on-line system. Not a promotional products distributor who handles thousands of different products. But, the people actually doing the design work and guaranteeing the final product. Make sure the sticker company representative is listening and asking the right questions.
3) Check that a sticker company has access to multiple sticker production methods and is not just recommending their method by default. Different print methods make sense not only for various purposes, durability and price, but also for the quantity needed. For instance, some digital methods make sense for smaller runs but become overpriced at larger quantities.
4) Don’t forget that image matters. Not only does the quality of the sticker need to be right for your needs, but the layout and design should be optimized for the best value. Can you get free design help from professional designers? Can you get proofreading services? Can you get suggestions on improving your designs? Will you see electronic proofs and be able to make as many alterations as necessary to get the sticker design just right before ordering?
5) Does the sticker company have a guarantee? Do you believe it? Do you trust and believe in the people you are working with? Speaking of trust…
Which Custom Sticker Printing Companies Can You Trust?
The other day I was surfing around checking out other sticker company websites (you know, sizing up the competition) when I stumbled upon some graphics of stickers on another sticker company’s homepage that we had produced at Websticker. On further inspection we found at least two more stickers showcased in their “Gallery” that we had produced. Sure, I was a bit ticked off – we work hard to design and print quality stickers for our clients. Our Sticker Gallery is 100% our work… why wouldn’t every sticker company only represent their own work? Perhaps they don’t have enough samples or aren’t proud of their own work?
This custom sticker company (I won’t mention name) is obviously displaying work as their own that they had no part in selling or producing. Kind of makes you wonder what they are producing? Are the testimonials on the site real? Are the sticker quality claims accurate? Obviously, a sticker company like this can’t be trusted with your project, but how would someone not in-the-know have any idea which sticker companies are reputable and which are shady?
It used to be easy. You needed quality custom stickers so you went on-line and found a handful of companies to compare that could take care of you. Then came digital printing, low cost vinyl plotters and more and more companies hanging out the custom-sticker shingle. I’ve ranted before about sticker companies being less than honest. There are now thousands of options and websites, making it very difficult to decipher actual quality, expertise or even who is running the business. So, here I quickly highlight four peace-of-mind tips if in search of high quality custom stickers.
1) Take Names – Talk to people at the sticker company. Who is taking responsibility for the service and quality? If something goes wrong or you have questions, who you gonna call? Do you trust the people, their expertise and the process?
2) 3rd Party Reviews – Don’t necessarily believe the hand picked reviews on a website. Dig a bit deeper and look at reviews found on other websites or services. An easy way to do this is to do a Google Search for the company you want to check out with the word “reviews” after it (like “websticker reviews”). You may need to scroll down a bit but you will find some reviews and ratings not controlled by the company being reviewed (Yelp, Google+, Trust Pilot, etc.) Note: If you can’t find 3rd party reviews that’s probably another red flag for the sticker company.
3) Guarantee – Is there a written company guarantee? Something to point to if there are any problems?
4) Samples – It’s impossible to tell from a picture the quality of a sticker, if the company had anything to do with producing it, or even if it’s even a sticker that was actually produced. When in doubt ask for physical sticker samples. Chances are the company made the samples sent and you have a baseline on quality if your final product is not up to par.
So, to sum up – When ordering custom stickers know what you want out of the custom stickers you need (other than a great price) and only deal with sticker specific companies with knowledgeable people who will listen, offer design assistance, have access to multiple production methods and guarantee their work and time frames 100%. It’s worth a little time and research for hassle free design, consulting, and to end up with the most effective quality stickers, decals and labels.